Belgium > Headquarters Zaventem
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an exciting time for our company! We are in full transition from a European leading service provider of airport equipment solutions to a global leader.
As a Logistics Coordinator you report to the Logistics Manager. You are based at our headquarters in Steenokkerzeel. You oversee the movement, distribution and storage of assets in the organization and are involved in transportation of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and negotiations with transport companies and forwarding agents. Next to that you are responsible for managing the execution, coordination and administration of all transportation matters within the organization. This includes managing budgets, organizing schedules & routes, handling customs regulations and ensuring that vehicles are safely (un)loaded and transported and that transports meet legal requirements.
For this position, we are looking for a highly motivated colleague who loves a fast-paced environment and international contacts. Next to this you are a talent in problem solving and you are detail oriented. You learn fast.
WHERE YOU’LL CREATE THE MOST IMPACT
You will be supporting our business by being responsible for:
- Organize shipments, liaise with customers and negotiate with suppliers, and communicate freight transportation information to them;
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, cost, routing and transit times;
- Use IT systems to manage delivery times and transport costs;
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues;
- Ensure transport compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery, and implement health and safety procedures;
- Meet on time delivery requirements and follow on discrepancies with suppliers and local TCR entities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Typically has 2-4 years of experience in logistics: shipment management in an industrial or project-related environment and in overseas forwarding of project cargo
- Has knowledge of customer export and import procedures and documentation
- Is detail oriented
- Has problem-solving skills
- Has a continuous improvement mindset
- Has proficient MS Office skills
- Communicates effectively with colleagues, suppliers, etc.
- Is fluent in English - spoken and written, Dutch and French are a plus
To all recruitment agencies: TCR does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, TCR employees or any other organization location. TCR is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply for this job